Re: [Icehouse] Treehouse Rules V5.0

  • FromKarl von Laudermann <karlvonl@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 6 Feb 2006 21:59:10 -0500
On Feb 6, 2006, at 7:22 PM, Andy Looney wrote:

Well, those don't fit. Space is really tight, and I don't want to make the font any smaller. But here's what I ended up with:

   Knock over any upright piece or stack. If a stack,
   it separates, all pieces pointing one way.

Sorry to add more confusion but... when you "Tip", can the pieces all land pointing up? Or must they be lying down? I suspect the latter, but somehow this wording of the rule seems to allow standing up pieces, while the version 5.0 wording doesn't. I think it's because "If a stack, it separates" implies that the stack can merely separate *instead* of falling over sideways, while the version 5.0 wording implies that the stack separates after falling over. How about:

Knock over any upright piece or stack. A tipped stack separates, all pointing the same way.

BTW, if you're short on space, don't be afraid to hyphenate an occasional long word to help make room! It's a perfectly valid typographic device.

--
                Karl von Laudermann
                karlvonl@xxxxxxx