Re: [Icehouse] Treehouse Rules V5.0

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 6 Feb 2006 13:46:43 -0500
Andy Looney writes:
 > No, tipping can't create a new stack. I don't see how you even got
 > that idea. The pieces in a stack are simply spread out in the spot where
 > the stack had been, pushing the piece next to it down the line as needed.
 > Have you been playing that tipped pieces land on others in the line as if
 > they had hopped off?

It hadn't ever come up in my games, but Peter Aronson asked the
question here the other day:

  A question about tip was asked a ways back and never answered: what happens
  if you tip a tower on top of another piece?

  First the notation:

  Pyramids are always listed from left to right

  [size]
  S = small
  M = medium
  L =  large

  [orientation]
  u = points up
  l = points left
  r = points right

  [relationship]
  + = is underneath
  , = is to the left of

  Each pyramid will be described by [size][orientation] and be separated by an
  [relationship].

  Examples:

  House starts as: lL,uS,rM
  Player trio starts as: uL+uM+uS

  The question.  If we start with uL+uS,uM

  If we tip the tower to the right, do we get:

  (1) rL,rS,uM
  (2) rL,uM,rS
  (3) rL,uM+uS

  I could see an argument for any or all of them, and I don't think the rules
  really help.

  Peter