Re: [Icehouse] Martian Coasters Question - Seeking Other's Thoughts

  • From"Daniel W. Johnson" <panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 16 Dec 2006 14:41:49 -0500
At 11:14 -0600 2006-12-16, Carol Townsend wrote:
Actually I've found that this is usually a result of a defensive move. Medium Yellow Mid (as per previous examples) stays on the Blue Center and continually digs to the top to "get between" Blue mids. I'm often just trying to get all my Blue 'Mids onto my coaster - and then into the center - I'll worry about stacking order later if I have to.

I worked out that once you have all your pyramids in the center of your coaster, your opponents can not drop your probability of winning on any given turn below 7/12. Keeping the probability that low requires that they keep putting at least one blocking piece at the top of your stack (typically by digging a pawn each turn). And since any blocking piece is at least 2 turns away from winning, this means either desperation or giving up on winning.

And as a double-check: Movement is one space at a time? You can't use three movement points to move your pawn three spaces in the direction of one of its current arrows? (Or in the photo on the web page, using two movement points to dig the yellow drone to the top and then four more to move it on top of the yellow pawn.)
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx