Re: [Icehouse] Martian Coasters Question - Seeking Other's Thoughts

  • From"Daniel W. Johnson" <panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 16 Dec 2006 20:52:00 -0500
At 15:44 -0600 2006-12-16, Timothy Hunt wrote:
Let me give an example:

http://flickr.com/photos/timotab/324215956/

Daniel's question is
"You can't
use three movement points to move your pawn three spaces in the
direction of one of its current arrows?"

Using the picture above, looking at the blue pawn, there is an arrow
pointing "south".  If I rolled a 2, could I look at that arrow, and
move the blue pawn on to the red pawn?  The answer is no, as the space
between the two pawns has no south-facing arrow.  You'd move the pawn
one square south, and then look again so see which directions you're
allowed to go, then move one square, and look again.

That, I believe, is what Daniel means by "one space at a time".  Not
"one space per turn".

Exactly. There is no question that (for example) red could use 2 movement points to put the red pawn on top of the blue pawn in your picture. My clarification was, as you point out, about using 2 movement points to put the blue pawn on top of the red pawn.

Rather than use the photo from the MC website and rules, maybe I should have talked about using three movement points from the starting position to jump a pawn to the middle of the next coaster.
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx