Re: [Icehouse] Explaining icehouse as simply as possible

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 23 Jul 2007 13:07:33 -0500

On 7/23/07, Timothy Hunt <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've started carrying a regular deck of cards around.  People are
familiar with the concept that cards are playing "pieces" with lots of
games.  By having the visual that they are comfortable with helps to
make the leap with the pyramids.

Hmmm.... just got me to thinking...

If you had 5 decks of basic poker cards, with the same back, you could simulate a 2-d version of Icehouse pieces.  Get the Ace, 2, 3 of each suit out of each deck.  You'd have 5 Ace of Clubs, 5 Aces of Hearts, etc.

Now here's the question - what color would would be represented by which suit?  I offer this as a possibility:

Zarcana/Gnostica coloring has suggested:

Rods = Green
Swords = Red
Cups = Blue
Discs = Yellow.

From my (admittedly small amount of) knowledge of the history of cards, I believe that:

Rods = Clubs
Swords = Spades
Cups = Hearts
Discs = Diamonds.

Therefore, we could have a correlation of:

Clubs = Green
Spades = Red
Hearts = Blue
Diamonds = Yellow

....but that would just be too weird to have Hearts as Blue and not Red.

Comments?

Carol