Re: [Icehouse] Monochrone Stashes - LAST CHANCE TO BUY

  • Fromswandive78@xxxxxxxxx
  • DateThu, 2 Aug 2007 07:55:44 -0500
Thanks for your time.

However, my statements stand, including the comments on the misconception that not making stashes available, in and of itself,  somehow makes more money for the Looneys.  I did not speak up when they "changed their paradigm," and here we are with a complete makeover of the sales system to Treehouse.   Obviously, they can do whatever they want with their business, and we all want them to make money.  No one says they have to continue to stock tons of stashes at each of their vendors, but why not as an ongoing item on the website?  My point is that they are abandoning "stash support."  I think that is a matter of indisputable fact.   If we don't say how we feel, how will they know?

Thanks for listening.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Kohne"
To: "Icehouse Discussion List"
Subject: Re: [Icehouse] Monochrone Stashes - LAST CHANCE TO BUY
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 06:55:00 -0400

You appear to be annoyed that you will not, in the future, be able to
buy what you want to buy. Don't think you are alone in wishing that
you would always be able to buy single color stashes - we all wish
that it could continue.

But please keep in mind that the Looney Labs is a buisness. As such,
they need to make money, and selling games based on single color
stashes has never (as far as I can tell from Andy's writings) made
them much money.

They are wonderful people, but unless the company makes a buck, they
can't stay in buisness. I'm not saying that if they don't do this,
they'll go out of buisness (they won't), but going out for more
pyramids is (as I understand) pretty pricy (think thousands or tens of
thousands of dollars).

As the owners of the buisness, the Looney's have to decide how to
spend whatever limited capital they have available and how to make
best use of the resources at hand. Given the choice between paying out
$bigbucks$ for more pyramids or reworking the existing inventory of
single color stashes (which aren't selling well anyway), they've made
the decision to give up on the single color stashes, rework the
inventory into product that is selling and go on.

This allows them to hang on to their money a good bit longer than if
they went out for more pyramids today, which gives them more options
for what to do in the future. Plus, it puts more Treehouse product in
the pipeline ASAP instead of having to wait for the next manufacturing
run. (Remember, Treehouse is selling well, so this gets them more
money as well, while having the single color stashes sitting on the
shelf does not).

It's sad that they are taking single color stashes out of the
pipeline. But it's a good buisness decision that lets Looney Labs
produce the greatest number of cool games.

And that's what they give back to us: New, cool games. It's what
they've always given, and by making smart moves like this, it's what
they'll continue to give.

So buy another full set of single color stashes right now to give as
gifts and go play Icehouse.

Thank you for your time.

--
Michael Kohne