Re: [Icehouse] Monochrone Stashes - LAST CHANCE TO BUY

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 2 Aug 2007 11:23:36 -0400
On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 08:02:09AM -0700, Chris Goodwin wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, swandive78@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >No one says they have to continue to stock tons of stashes at each of
> >their vendors, but why not as an ongoing item on the website?  My
> >point is that they are abandoning "stash support."  I think that is a
> >matter of indisputable fact. If we don't say how we feel, how will
> >they know?

Ok, really, the pile on swandive is getting excessive, people.  Swandive
has expressed a very simple thought, that it would be nice if a few
monochrome stashes could be kept around in the Short Run Depot for order
direct from the website.

It *would* be nice.  A nice second would be, "We're sorry, but we really
need to get every single tube of Rainbow into distribution channels we
can right now, and can't afford to warehouse monochrome stashes in case
people want them, but that's a great idea!  When we get our next
production run of pyramids, we'll hold some aside for website-only sale
so people for whom it makes more sense to buy monochrome can still get
some.  We're not sure when that will be, though, so if you expect to
want monochrome stashes soon, you should get them now."

"Monochrome stashes aren't selling well, so we're phasing them out
entirely." is a distant third.  Right now, we don't know which of two
and three is being said, and it makes a lot of sense for people with a
preference to want to express it.

> Saying how you feel with words is one thing.  Saying how you feel with
> dollars is another thing entirely.

It's tough to say how you feel with words when how you fee is, "I want
this product to remain in the catalog so I can continue to buy a few
units every now and then as the desire strikes me, which tends to be a
couple times a year."  For a number of reasons, there are people who
have all the monochrome stashes they want right now, but anticipate
wanting to buy more in the future, but can't accurately determine now
which ones they'll want in the future (piecenikkers in particular).
Since the item will no longer be available on the website, they won't be
able to "vote with their dollars", and their voice is the only thing
available.

While I'm here...swandive, could you work on how your email program
quotes?  When you respond inline, there's nothing to distinguish your
text from the text you're quoting in my mail reader.  Leading >s would
be a big help to readers who use a text-only mail reader.  Thanks.

Marc