Re: [Icehouse] New Treehouse Colors - Ideas

  • Fromkerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
  • DateFri, 10 Aug 2007 13:44:11 +0000
A while back, when there were plans for a Volcano boxed set, Magenta was going to be the new color to be included in that set.  I'm just not sure there's enough spectrum left between purple and red to slip in another distinguishable color

There has long been call from fans for a Translucent Grey.  I like that idea.

The "Rootbeer" Stash looked surprisingly cool.  Let's make them standard. (...thus lowering the value of the few rare Rootbeer that were sold -- sorry.)

The color that I've heard mentioned recently in this thread is the Dark (Forest?) Green.

What does that give us so far?
 - Opaque grey, obviously
 - Translucent (smoky) grey
 - Forest green
 - Brown

Hmmm... Forest Green and Brown put together are "tree" colors. Yeah... that could be the theme/name of the new color set.  The "Tree" or "Nature" colored Treehouse set.  Maybe we say that the opaque grey represents mushrooms growing under the tree, and the "foggy" grey is for, well, fog.  Now we just have to come up with one last color to represent something growing in the tree.   How about Pink cherry or dogwood blossoms?  Perhaps the hue for this new color can be part way between the existing purple and red colors while the value and saturation are on the light transparent side.

Here's my vote (packaged in this order top to bottom):
 - Foggy (transparent) Grey
 - Cherry Blossom Pink
 - Forest Green
 - Tree Bark Brown