Re: [Icehouse] New Treehouse Colors - Ideas

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 10 Aug 2007 08:05:41 -0400
Of course, we would also need a new color for the Treehouse die.

No we wouldn't.  Kristin already said that the next run of Treehouse will have only black dice, so they only have to worry about one part to order, and the white die was not very popular at all.  See her quote from the thread "Adjusting Rabbit Points" below:

We are actually going to switch to putting only black dice in the product,
since black is WAY more popular than the white ones, and it will be easier
production wise to have only one color to worry about.

Good news, as far as your new game is concerned, we have a decent pile of
white die at the warehouse, so with the black being standard, people who
want to play your game should be able to buy a white one from our warehouse
for many years to come.
"We are actually going to switch to putting only black dice in the product,
since black is WAY more popular than the white ones, and it will be easier
production wise to have only one color to worry about.

Good news, as far as your new game is concerned, we have a decent pile of
white die at the warehouse, so with the black being standard, people who
want to play your game should be able to buy a white one from our warehouse
for many years to come.

Maybe, though, we just need to come up with four new transparent colors,
so that the fifth color can be the opaque grey, allowing Andy to drop
the monochrome grey stash as well.

Agreed.  If they have to do away with the stash concept, they should be able to go whole hog and get rid of grey.

A precedent has already been established with Blue and Cyan for having a
light and dark version of a color in the same 'family', so let's follow
on that:

Dark Red ("blood"), dark green ("forest"), light purple ("lavender"),
and now we have a problem since I'm not sure that "dark orange" or "dark
yellow" are viable colors, and both light and dark are already
represented for blue.

Anyone else want to chime in on this?

Yes. "Smoke" is a translucent black/grey. Of course, having opaque grey and translucent grey in the same set might be weird.   A translucent brown would be good too (like the root beer one <http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Andy/ProjectEBAY/Icehouse.html#RootBeer>, but less orange) A "forest," "blood," brown, "lavender," and grey set would work, I think.  I also think that that sounds pretty damn close to working as Treehouse Eco, the lavender being the only one hard to explain (heather in the fields, perhaps?).

Only problem with this is that I want magenta, in order to be able to complete a CMYK set of four stashes. ;)