Re: [Icehouse] Introduction to the list

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 22 Aug 2007 09:26:52 -0400
On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 08:58:46AM -0400, Don Sheldon wrote:

> Like (I suspect) many people, I have considered this in the abstract
> and I think it would make an awesome poster graphic.  Especially if we
> came up with wacky species-esqe names for all 204 states.  There are a
> couple obvious ones like Tree, Nest, Starting House (Home?) but that
> leaves awesome potential for the other 201.

If you're willing to use some sort of parity designator to pair states
with their mirror images you can cut down the total number of names
significantly.

e.g.
Home and Reverse Home
Home and Home'
Left Home and Right Home

If I make this correctly, there are 6 states which are their own mirror
image, so this eliminates 99 states, leaving 105 to name.