Re: [Icehouse] Introduction to the list

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 22 Aug 2007 13:39:20 -0400
On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 09:52:56AM -0700, Carl Worth wrote:

> Also, an optimal strategy will need to consider the opponent's
> position earlier than just as a tie breaker. The extreme case is when
> an opponent's trio is identical to your own. In that case, the
> "shortest path" modification of the house can be a quite risky move to
> make.

On the other hand, if your trio is very different from those of all the
other players, any moves they make on the house to help themselves will
probably fail to help you.  There can be advantages to being clustered
near to your opponents.  This may depend in part on whether your
opponents are the type to help themselves with a house change or to
distance their opponents.

> PS. This _is_ Treehouse we're talking about, right? That light game
> with much of the chance and chaos of Fluxx that a lot of people like
> because it _doesn't_ require deep thought to play?? ;-)

Yup.  Many games which don't require deep thought nevertheless benefit
from analysis (at least in the sense of the analyzer becoming better at
the game).  Or are interesting to analyze.