Re: [Icehouse] Introduction to the list

  • FromAndrew Plotkin <erkyrath@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 22 Aug 2007 01:28:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Roger Burton West wrote:

That's few enough that one could draw a state diagram.

And then map the optimal transfer path from one orientation to
another...

I did this when working out the Treehouse bot in Volity Treehouse.

I didn't save the results anywhere, though. The bot code just generates the graph at startup time.

The fun part was accounting for the fact that some transitions are more likely than others. (For example, you might be able to win on either a TIP or AIM roll. That's a better position than if you required an AIM to win.)

--Z

*
When Bush says "Stay the course," what he means is "I don't know what to
do next." He's been saying this for years now.