Re: [Icehouse] Winter IGDC - Coasters?

  • From"Avri Klemer" <avri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 21 Sep 2007 13:52:20 -0400
I do own Cosmic Coasters, but I was struck in the current Contest the number of voters who clearly did not even have access to Martian Coasters - there are a number who did not rank both MCC and Zamboni Wars.

There is a balance to look at here - desire to increase exposure of (and games for) the Martian Coasters product, versus desire to maximise the number of voters in the upcoming contest.

However, it seems to be accepted/assumed at this point that Martian Coasters is the theme restriction for the upcoming IGDC . . .

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Icehouse Discussion List" <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Icehouse] Winter IGDC - Coasters?

Chris K. wrote, regarding Cosmic Coasters:
My question is this: do most Icehouse fans own these?

Most? Probably. I have a set right here on my desk right now.
I use them as coasters.

My fear in incorporating an older game into the mix is that
my game wouldn't get played or ranked due to the lack of
Cosmic Coaster ownership.

That's a risk, sure. There are sufficient pictures on the net
that people could mock up their own coasters if they want to
try your game. Will they bother? I dunno.

One interesting question is whether it would be unethical for
you to provide a graphic or printable template to aid people
in making their own coasters.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx