Re: [Icehouse] Winter IGDC - Coasters?

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 21 Sep 2007 11:41:39 -0700 (PDT)
miyu wrote:
> I agree with Avri.  If I was judging a game that just used the coasters as a
> stash pad I would dock it points for not staying true to the spirit of the
> competition.  As long as it incorporated one element of the coasters (so the
> player needs to own a set) it would make it a coaster game imho.

Great! Now I just need to come up with a game that uses absorbency
in the mechanic somehow. =^>

Here's a question: would you be comfortable handing the win to a
game that isn't the best game in the competition but which uses
the coasters more completely?

Avri wrote:
> I don't know - where does the restriction end?  "You must use 4 (or 5)
> Coasters, and the arrows, and the colors, and dice, and the fact that the
> coasters can be rotated/separated."?  You end up with only one game -
> Martian Coasters!

I thought the purpose of using the coasters for the theme was to
see how many different games could be built using their attributes.
if that's too restrictive, maybe it's not such a good theme.

If Martian Coasters is going to be the theme, "what that means" is
going to have to be clearly spelled out.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx