Re: Ryan's Class - was: Re: [Icehouse] Winter IGDC - Coasters?

  • Frommiyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 24 Sep 2007 12:46:22 -0400
When the winter competition is announced I am going to do a project where they are designing games using the pyramids as part of their project for the nine weeks.  We will follow the rules of the competition that way if any of the kids decide they would like to enter the competition on their own they could.

It should be kind of fun.  I'm continually on the lookout for things like this to try to root stuff we do in class to a real-world activity and the competition seems like a good idea.  Of course I will probably make up some rules on my end to add to those rules (like limit the number of stashes they can use) etc. due to my own constraints.  The school only owns 12 Rainbow stashes at the moment.

Also, as a sidenote, if anyone on here has some info on creative problem solving projects (Odyssey of the Mind style stuff - like egg drops and the like) feel free to mail me off list.  I'm on the hunt for non-traditional projects like that to work on problem-solving skills.

                              -Ryan

ps.  Thanks though for the compliments! It makes me feel better about doing the class in the manner I am. :)