Re: [Icehouse] mono-stash vs treehouse (and things)

  • FromSam Zitin <sammyz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 3 Mar 2009 12:05:56 -0500
I don't think the Looney's stopped offering mono stashes online
because of competition with stores, it just makes more business sense
not to carry what is effectively a whole other product line.

I acquired all my pyramids via the original Martian Chess set and
later monochrome stash buying.  I was obsessive and willing to buy any
new color that came out no matter what.  However I would not that when
I described it as a great gaming investment to people, they would gawk
at the $60 + price tag, especially when it "wasn't even a whole game".

The Treehouse system for all it's "inconvenience" gives people
significant play options at every purchase tier along the way.  Spend
$10 and you can play a few games, spend $10 more and you can play
more, once you get to $30 in, you've got a whole mess of options open
for you.

Personally I was happy to buy monochrome stashes, but from a business
standpoint it makes complete sense to stick solely with Treehouse.
(IMHO, as someone who has worked in a gamestore and unabashedly sold
lots of pyramids in both formats)