Re: [Icehouse] monochrome stashes vs Treehouse sets

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 3 Mar 2009 14:34:40 -0500
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Kristin Looney <kristin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
they love it. One big chain in particular said they would
carry it if we put it in the box...

Hmmm.... Good to hear. *pondering who*

That said, I don't anticipate dropping the tube version of
Treehouse, since there are lots of hobby retailers who say
they prefer this style to the box, and we have lots of tubes...
but please don't be surprised when you see Rainbow Treehouse
show up in a box!

I won't mind one bit--I get the logic behind it, and the boxes really do grab the eye. It also looks like you'll be able to (one day soon) redesign your display case to go with the new form factors (and optional tubes), so that would also help to catch eye and, thus, sales.

But just please be sure to stock tubes, each time you roll out a new color. I've got tubes galore (all but the one I need for Pink, and I'm going to work around that) but I might need to replace one someday (cracking or lost). I suppose I really need to look into an Omega Storage Solution, which is packaging-agnostic. (I do that already with card games like Fluxx and munchkin: they all go into plastic CCG boxes and the packaging go into the recycling.)

Huh... Poll idea.... (new thread)