Re: [Icehouse] monochrome stashes vs Treehouse sets

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 3 Mar 2009 13:49:56 -0500
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Bryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm all in favor of the Treehouse selling scheme.  My only suggestion
is to add another small folded up paper inside to mention the other
Icehouse games -- a brief summary of what's currently on the Treehouse
main page.

Hear, hear!

Or an insert with the link to the What Can I Play page at the IcehouseGames.org wiki:
http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=What_Can_I_Play%3F

I've made a redirect, so the link could be simply:
http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=What_Can_I_Play

There's also a sidebar Navigation link to it (second one, after Main Page). Note that, once one has five full mono stashes, there's only (at last count) sixteen games on the wiki that one *can't* play, a few of which are just "Complete" versions of games that could be played with fewer stashes or games which support N players (where N could be as high as 10... or, heck, with some, 12, counting gray and pink).

So keep that in mind, the next time you are pitching a "full" Icehouse system (5HOUSE) to someone pinching pennies:
"
Descent - $90 - one game, with replayability due to tweaks (and some $30+ expansions).
Icehouse - $60 - over 200 games, many with variations.
So how much is "costs too much," again?
"

That's why I am happy to hear about a new boxed set (assuming it's something like 5HOUSE+stuff) - it will sit on the shelves next to stuff like that and, with the right back side pitch and artwork in general, it will grab folks who tire of "yet another $40+ for one game." And that would also make it sit well--albeit now at the "high end" or pricing--in non-gaming stores, like education toy stores, learning museum stores, etc (no, no Wal-Mart, no Targets, forget that).

And keep the "100% Made in the USA" prominent, on front and back (heck, and all edges) of the box. That will not only look good next to a lot of the foreign-made stuff (*ahem* China) but it will also help justify what might seem to be a "high" price (even as I show above how "high" is extremely relative).

David