Re: [Icehouse] Beyond 5HOUSE

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 25 Mar 2009 09:12:00 -0400
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Bryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't sure about that myself. Maybe Andy or Kristin or Alison
can clarify that.

OK, maybe we can use a bit of deduction ourselves, though.

* The Black Coaster is for adding the opaque stash in a Rainbow Treehouse tube, which is Black.
* The coasters also have Xeno colors, for folks to use them for that; for instance: 5+ players without a Black Coaster, or 6+ with it... or WORMHOLES! ;)
* If one wanted to play with 10 players (*ahem* WORMHOLES!), then one would add a second "Black" Coaster.
? Which stack is that tenth coaster (second Black Coaster) most likely to represent?
-- The Clear, which is part of the transparents in Xeno?
-- the White, which is *the only other opaque in Treehouse sets*?

(I posit, humbly, that it is obvious that the alternate color on the Black Coaster is White, meaning the alternate for Red is Clear.)
----

I'd like to take this moment to stump, once again, for Xeno Coasters. It would take a matter of minutes to make the new source file, LL could stock them just as easily as the Rainbow ones (same hanger bar in the Looney Display Case), and LL could *also* include the Black Coaster and a NEW White Coaster, enabling every MC-based game for up to ten colors on the wiki. Heck, toss in a folded page with a couple of the better games that use more than four coasters.

They could *even* use the new box form factor to provide ALL TEN, along with the MC rules and several other games (mini booklet) that use 5+ coasters, and probably get every one of us to rebuy. Frex, I already have ten, but I'd do it all again for the full set of ten colors, especially for, what, $16-$20? (2 x $6 + 2 x$1 + a couple more bucks for the booklet and box = $16+)

OOO! And think of the bundle potential:
One of each Treehouse set + the Big Box of Coasters for $40 MSRP, but you can get it now for a mere $35!!! (Or whatever.)
Hmmm... maybe that could be the next boxed set, rather than Martian Chess or what-not?

OK, I'm rambling. Just woke up...