Re: [Icehouse] Beyond 5HOUSE

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 19 Mar 2009 13:02:16 -0500
David Artman writes:
>On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Joshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> Also, MegaVolcano (MEGA VOLCANO!) playes with 8 stashes; this is far
>> from the only game with extreme requirements.
>I wonder if there's interest in populating that space: the "needs a ton of
>stashes" space that MegaVol and Stacktors inhabits? Looking at the wiki, it
>appears that less than 20% of the games on it require more than 5HOUSE, and
>half of those are six stashes, leaving 10% at the 7+ stashes range (notably
>ZERO at the 8-stash level: need to make a MegaVolcano page, it would seem;
>or at least link to it from What Can I Play).

Mega is actually 9 stashes.  6x6 = 36 trees, one of which is a clear
one (1 color), plus 7 colors of 5 trees, plus 5 caps on trees.  I've
added it as an 8 stash game with caps and a 9 stash game.

Hmm. Haven't done much on the wiki, but it looks like it's still using
classic mediawiki tech.  Any interest in integrating Semantic
Mediawiki?  That would let the lists be autogenerated from attributes
in the games rather than hand-maintained.

>Perhaps that could be a design restriction, next year, for the "old school":
>require at least eight transparent colors? Advanced Homeworlds, anyone?

*g*  It's true, though; the more games in that space, the more
worthwhile it is to design new games in that space (or get a good
collection of pieces.  How about a contest of games that can only be
played with filled/solid pieces? G,D,R)

--
       Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--   "Did you know, if you increment enough, you   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'