Re: [Icehouse] Your favorite (and least favorite) 3 (or 7) games

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 25 Mar 2009 19:46:18 -0400
On Mar 25, 2009, at 8:59 AM, David Artman wrote:

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Indeed.  What was all that about rays?  Did you arm your pyramids with ray guns?

Is it too much to ask for pyramids with frickin' laser beams?!

Seriously, though, I assume he is using the ray projection principle that, for instance, make Icehouse or Zendo koans involving "pointing at" possible:
http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Pointing

It is not that uncommon a use of the tip of a pyramid. So much so, he didn't even reply to what you thought you were asking ("What do you mean by "ray"?), but to what he thought was MORE obscure or confusing (parallel v perpendicular).

Ah, of course.  I've always understood the ray concept, but I've never heard it named as such and therefore was confused by what I read as some foreign made-up game concept. :\