Re: [Icehouse] Suggestions for future Icehouse Game Design Competitions

  • FromDale Sheldon <dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 4 Nov 2009 13:19:09 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 4 Nov 2009, Dale Newfield wrote:

If we don't have substantially more judges than entrants, I wonder at the utility of continuing to hold these contests. While I'm not averse to having more games entered, adding 20 additional games from this class exacerbates the problem (if it exists).

Can someone in the know tell us what the ratio has been recently? Am I off base here?

Very nearly 1:1.  (Like, 11 votes for 10 entrants, or whathaveyou.)

If the class would be available to _vote_, that would be quite helpful; but that would require all the entries being available soon enough that the class could play them before the end of the semester, which I don't know if that would be possible.

--
Dale Sheldon
dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx