Re: [Icehouse] Suggestions for future Icehouse Game Design Competitions

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 4 Nov 2009 17:15:43 -0500
Again, I think it's a good idea to do Best Of 20xx, by whatever winnowing process, in addition to IGDC. I agree with Joshua that they are totally different beasts, with different agendas and results. And as far as I'm concerned, someone wants to Coordinate that, then Go For It. I'll vote. :)

But BACK tot he IGDC stuff, for now, OK?
-- When should the nest submission period start? (A matter of practicality, I'd say--I'm thinking VERY early 2010 is more likely than end of this year.)
-- What, if any, design restriction? (A simple vote should suffice, here.)
-- How long for the subsequent judging period? (Contingent on school and holiday schedules.)
-- Where do we promote it? (I've been meaning--and tried for a while, IIRC--to build a list of sites at which to promote, somewhere on the IGDC page.)