Re: [Icehouse] Suggestions for future Icehouse Game Design Competitions

  • FromDale Newfield <dale@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 04 Nov 2009 17:38:05 -0500
David Artman wrote:
But BACK tot he IGDC stuff, for now, OK?

-- Where do we promote it? (I've been meaning--and tried for a while, IIRC--to build a list of sites at which to promote, somewhere on the IGDC page.)

My point was that unless we have a solid plan for this last point, we shouldn't bother to have the contest. I think it's silly to go through all the effort to hold the thing unless we expect that we'll have enough judges to make it successful. I think we should decide beforehand what voter:submitter ratio we consider to be a success, so that we can evaluate later without emotion whether or not the contest was worthwhile.

(I also think that while I don't mind if submitters vote, they shouldn't count as voters in the calculation of this ratio.)

-Dale