Re: [Rabbits] List problem

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 08 Jun 2005 13:31:43 -0400
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 01:08:46PM -0400, Russell Grieshop wrote:
> I think the emails are supposed to look like they come from the list -
> and I think that is maybe just a quick configuration issue on the
> list. I was trying to poke around and find out where the problem is -
> but haven't found the field yet. I'll keep looking, but if we can just
> be patient a bit, I know we'll resolve this.

I just checked my mailbox: non-archive emails on the old server had the
original message sender preserved in From, with Sender set to the
mailing list.  Archives, of course, appeared as being from the list.
That is, it worked exactly like it's working now, at least if you're
not receiving archives.

This (the way it works right now) is in keeping with the way all the
other lists I've been on and maintained have done things, are you sure
you want to change it?

I think it's just going to take a little while for everybody reading the
list to adjust their filters so it looks the way they're used to,
particularly people like me who'd forgotten how they got it working in
the first place.

Marc