Re: [Rabbits] List problem

  • FromCraig Forbes <cpforbes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 8 Jun 2005 14:01:44 -0400
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 01:49:04PM -0400, Marc Hartstein wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 01:34:44PM -0400, Russell Grieshop wrote:
> > For some reason, "Reply To" is now set to both the sender and the list
> > email address - which seems wrong, but may be addressable. It used to
> > be set to just the list email address. I'll see if I can find that and
> > change it.
>
> Are you sure that's the mailing list software munging the field, and not
> our individual mailing software being out of sync?  I notice that your
> Reply-To was set to only be the list, as were those of many people other
> than Joelle and myself.

What is happening is that the mailing list software (mailman) is adding
the list to the reply-to header not replacing it.  If the sender had a
reply-to header then the mailing list address was added to the Reply-To

I can easily argue both sides of this debate but I think that the current
setting makes the most sense.  The sender gets to decide if their email is
in the reply-to field but the list address is always added by Mailman.

 Thank you all for your patience during this transition.

 -Craig