Re: [Rabbits] Hippie Day at my High School

  • FromRobby Delosier <robbydelosier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 13 Oct 2005 21:29:46 -0700
That was really well done.

I was going to tye dye a labcoat I had for school... Luckily I didn't, I got hired and need to wear one to work everyday now.

But, I'm gonna requisition another one and share the pics when it's all done.

Til then:

Robby

Ryan McGuire and Kerry Breitenbach wrote:

Thanks to everyone for all the tie dye advice. I ordered dye and stuff (including some Hanes Beefy T's) Dharma Trading. Their instructions assume you know enough to have your whole work area laid out before you start, which I didn't. But the worst thing that happened was the shirts got a half hour soda ash soak instead of just 5 minutes.

Anyhow I did the first three shirts over the weekend and they turned out pretty nicely, but they could have used more dye (i.e. less white showing through).
   http://home.att.net/~ryanmcguire/TieDye/Swirl1b.jpg
   http://home.att.net/~ryanmcguire/TieDye/ZigZag1b.jpg
   http://home.att.net/~ryanmcguire/TieDye/TSwirl1b.jpg
The small yellow/orange/red one is for my four year old nephew.

Just to use up the dye before it goes bad (one week, according to the catalog), I did another shirt last night.
   http://home.att.net/~ryanmcguire/TieDye/Swirl2a.jpg

I think this one is pretty much everything I was hoping for.

I couldn't (and probably wouldn't) have done it without you all.