Re: [Rabbits] Hippie Day at my High School

  • FromRagnardove@xxxxxxx
  • DateFri, 14 Oct 2005 06:09:00 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/2005 10:20:06 P.M. Central Standard Time, kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx writes:
Their instructions assume
you know enough to have your whole work area laid out before you start,
which I didn't.  But the worst thing that happened was the shirts got a half
hour soda ash soak instead of just 5 minutes.
If that's the worst thing that happened, then count your blessings (as I'm sure you did).  The amount of time soaking is pretty flexible... we left ours in for between 15 min and 2 hours, and they were all fine (we left them to soak until we were ready to do anything with them in our limited space.)

Anyhow I did the first three shirts over the weekend and they turned out
pretty nicely, but they could have used more dye (i.e. less white showing
through).
    http://home.att.net/~ryanmcguire/TieDye/Swirl1b.jpg
    http://home.att.net/~ryanmcguire/TieDye/ZigZag1b.jpg
    http://home.att.net/~ryanmcguire/TieDye/TSwirl1b.jpg
The small yellow/orange/red one is for my four year old nephew.
Nicely done!  You could sell those for $20+ each!  Or enjoy wearing them... yeah, that's the better choice!

Way to be a crafty rabbit!
Carol