Re: [Rabbits] Re: educational stores

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 7 Jan 2007 13:24:13 -0600
Kimberly asked this originally on the Something list:
>On Jan 7, 2007, at 8:57 AM, Kimberly Terrill wrote to the Something
>list:
>
>> Has anyone promoted any games to an educational store or a
>> children's science museum?

...but since the discussion has come here, I thought I'd answer here.

Just so's ya know - this year we're really trying to ramp up our sales into specialty stores - like educational-specific stores and museums and all sorts of wonderful places that our games would fit.

This will be a big push - mainly because one of the differences between the specialty stores area and the normal hobby-game store is *how* they buy their games.  Hobby-game stores (your basic Friendly Local Games Store with Magic and Miniatures and Looney Labs stuff) buys from a distributor in the hobby game industry.  A lot of specialty stores (and I'm including specialty toy stores, educational stores, museum stores, theme-game-and-toy stores like the Mensa stores...) have never heard of these distributors and they buy either from a sales rep who carries a few lines of product to sell to the store, or they buy through their corporate parent organization.

This is a set of all new sales ideas for us, but it's exciting.  In fact we have signed up a new sales partner who is getting us into exactly this sort of store. Kyp Henn just ROCKS at sales into the educational market, and we are working with her company:
http://www.looneylabs.com/OurGames/RetailerSupport/rep-program.html

So a big thing on my plate right now is to figure out what kind of support these sorts of stores need from us to be successful selling our games... and how our rabbits can help us when visiting this sort of store.  We realize that this will be a totally different style of Rabbit visit and we want to (a) make sure these stores get the same attention, love and "ooh these games are great!" feeling that our other stores get and (b) that the Rabbits have wonderful and successful visits to these stores.

I hope that's explained things from this end. Please know that we LOVE getting quesitons like this!!  And we SO want to get our games to wherever they will be the best fit and one of our best resources is all you Rabbits who have eyes and ears and the love of our games going everywhere that we can't.

Carol
 - she who snipped the rest of all the replies from the bottom of her email because her own response was way too long anyway.