Re: [Rabbits] Re: educational stores

  • From"Kimberly Terrill" <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 7 Jan 2007 14:30:19 -0500
Thanks, carol. That is something I wondered- how different the selling/buying to sell is and how things need to be done differently.

Can we go ahead and demonstrate/promote these games at a museum or education store and leave them the LooneyLab retailer URL? Or  would you rather we wait until you have things ironed out for how best to get the games into these stores?

--Kimberly (sorry for not getting the correct list-- everything seems to end up on the Something- so I just started it there...and it still got moved... )

On 1/7/07, Carol Townsend <carol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:This will be a big push - mainly because one of the differences between the specialty stores area and the normal hobby-game store is *how* they buy their games.  Hobby-game stores (your basic Friendly Local Games Store with Magic and Miniatures and Looney Labs stuff) buys from a distributor in the hobby game industry.  A lot of specialty stores (and I'm including specialty toy stores, educational stores, museum stores, theme-game-and-toy stores like the Mensa stores...) have never heard of these distributors and they buy either from a sales rep who carries a few lines of product to sell to the store, or they buy through their corporate parent organization.

-Carol