Re: [Rabbits] Rabbit Only Items in Dangling Carrot (was Re: Gray 'mids?)

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 26 Jan 2007 13:24:00 -0800
On Friday, January 26, 2007, at 04:00PM, "Joshua Kronengold" <mneme@xxxxxx> wrote:
>The system accumulates two numbers where it now accumulates one:
>
>You have "Rabbit Karma" and "Rabbit Points".
>
>Your Rabbit Karma is the total number of points you've accumulated,
>ever, minus the number of items Dangling Carrot items you've
>purchased, ever.
>
>Your Rabbit Points are the number of points you have unspent, and can
>be spent for a $1 discount on shipping or Dangling Carrot items.
>
>Whenever you purchase eligible items, your Rabbit Karma goes down for
>each item you purchase.  Additionally, you may spend Rabbit Points on
>such items.

I don't understand this.  What's the point of the Rabbit Karma?  I see it goes down if you buy without earning more, but what the incentive to keep your Karma positive (besides the obvious cosmic and psychological reasons)?