Re: [Rabbits] Rabbit Only Items in Dangling Carrot (was Re: Gray'mids?)

  • From"Lisa Hayhurst" <lisa_hayhurst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 29 Jan 2007 12:43:45 -0500
From: Marc Hartstein
And now personal wealth gives you an
advantage in this game, because it makes it easier to select the optimal
strategy.)  You were denied it for one of two reasons:

1. You didn't have enough money when you bought the first stuff
2. You didn't plan ahead well enough. (Played the game poorly)

These are both bad reasons for you not to be able to get a
rabbit-exclusive item.  A good reason would be that you hadn't yet done
enough promotion to earn the privilege of buying the item.

So, what you want is to, essentially, remove personal responsibility. I use the phrase "Personal Responsibility" here to mean "Planning Ahead" and "Budgeting." Not having enough money IS a Very Good (TM) reason for not buying something. Not planning ahead well enough is what gets people in trouble financially (in this case one is unable to purchase from the DC.) Life itself is a game and these 2 points that you say are "bad reasons" to be unable to get something work in real life, too.

As far as I can see, the system works very well and I don't think it should be changed because a few people didn't think ahead.

There is no personal attack meant in this, just my observation and opinion.

Lisa

"A lack of planning on your part does not constitue an emergency on mine." -- an old workplace proverb

Valentine?s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctId=8323,ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24095&tcode=wlmtagline