Re: [Rabbits] Rabbit Only Items in Dangling Carrot (was Re: Gray 'mids?)

  • FromDi <sudduthd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 28 Jan 2007 22:02:25 -0600
On 1/26/07, Carol Townsend <carol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * Veteran Rabbits - what do you think?
> * Newbie Rabbits - what are you looking for?
> * Blab Rabbits - how will this affect you?
> * Demo Rabbits - what will spur on you to do more demos or find more venues to teach LL games?

I like the current system.  Once they send in a bio and picture a Rabbit is awarded 10 points, which means that if a rabbit does *nothing* else they have the wherewithal to purchase up to 10 "exclusive items" and, over time, can stock up on all the spiffy stuff that isn't available to the general public, OR it's as if they are give a $10-off 'coupon' for orders off the website (with some restrictions, but $10 nonetheless)   I think that is a *very* generous response to a person essentially saying "I Like Your Games".

If a Rabbit chooses and has the opportunity to do demos they have the opportunity to earn more points to use either toward more exclusive items or dollars-off future orders.  A rabbit in a rural area who has no FLGS in which to demo still has the opportunity to "blab" to friends/family/coworkers/strangers and since presumably *those* folks have no FLGS they will order online and hopefully mention the Rabbit, who will get more points that way.  (Yes, it's dependent on those people mentioning your name but I really don't see a problem with that)  Regardless, it's a generous opening-offer and those who can go further, promoting the games and helping the company, get more rewards.

I find the current system more than generous and see no problem with any rabbit having to make a choice between either using the points to offset an initial purchase price or to save them for multiple "exclusive item" purchases later.   The Looneys don't "owe" us anything, this is their livelihood and I try to remember that, at the end of the day, everything they "give away" to us is coming directly out of their pockets, their checkbooks, off their bottom line.  They aren't some faceless corporation with thousands of shareholders, they are Real Humans sharing their love of games and literally sharing themselves with all of us.

I'm quite thankful to be a part of this wonderful Looney Labs experience and would never dream of demanding more perks from folks I already consider beyond kind and generous.

My $.02...

Di  <*>

St. Louis Demo Rabbit.