Re: [Rabbits] Rabbit Only Items in Dangling Carrot (was Re: Gray 'mids?)

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 26 Jan 2007 16:52:18 -0500
On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 03:59:58PM -0500, Brian Campbell wrote:

> I think the current system works reasonably well. It does mean that
> you have to plan a bit and always leave a couple of points in your
> account, if you want to be able to buy exclusive items in the future,
> but I don't think that's too much of a burden. Yes, I've been a
> college student and used up my Rabbit points to buy stuff that I
> couldn't have afforded with cash, and then I was out of points later
> when I needed them. If I'd been thinking, though, I could have paid
> $1 more and left a point in my account, and then I wouldn't have been
> in that boat.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.  Why should you have been denied
buying the item you wanted?  Why should you have had to have thought to
spend another $1?  (And if you go down that road, you really would have
been best off spending only a single point to make sure you'd minimize
the chance of running out.  And now personal wealth gives you an
advantage in this game, because it makes it easier to select the optimal
strategy.)  You were denied it for one of two reasons:

1. You didn't have enough money when you bought the first stuff
2. You didn't plan ahead well enough. (Played the game poorly)

These are both bad reasons for you not to be able to get a
rabbit-exclusive item.  A good reason would be that you hadn't yet done
enough promotion to earn the privilege of buying the item.