RE: [Rabbits] Donate Games to Ziggurat Con in Iraq

  • From"Christopher Hickman" <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 20 Apr 2007 14:44:01 -0400
If they'd had more time, I'm sure they could have added a "Ziggurat Con
Donation" item for $1 to the catalog, which you'd purchase as many of as you
want to donate.  So if you wanted to donate 20 bucks to the cause, you'd
just buy twenty of the donation item, and if you wanted to donate rabbit
points, you'd just purchase the donation item and apply your points to it.

But, since this is kind of last minute, they didn't have time to set up a
more elegant solution like that.  We should all just bear with them and do
what we can to help.

And we can remind them that we think they are doing a good thing and we
appreciate it.  My dog bit me when I helped him get porcupine quills out of
his face, but I didn't let it get me down.  I still knew I was helping, even
if he didn't agree. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: rabbits-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rabbits-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rev. Bob
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 1:27 PM
To: rabbits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Rabbits] Donate Games to Ziggurat Con in Iraq

Alison <alison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Financially, we have no qualms about giving people a discount for
> this cause.  Yes, of course we need cash, but we could totally do a
> 20% discount -- but it means me having to whip out a calculator and
> figure out what the cost should be for every line item on every
> order and change it by hand (!) so we are loathe to officially
> announce that that is the plan (as of now, it's still not the plan,
> unless we hear an awful lot of people calling for it).

Dumb question time: can't you just define a promo code to do this?  I
understand the desire not to have a general-purpose 20% promo out there,
but a lot of the shopping systems have a way to tie promotions to
certain qualifications...and if you were to tie this one to orders which
(a) include a certain "dummy item" at zero price that flags it as a ZC
order or (b) are being shipped to the ZC address ZIP code, that ought to
make things relatively painless.