Re: [Rabbits] Con Check: June '07. Anyone going to these JUNE cons?

  • From"Carol Townsend" <event-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 24 May 2007 21:20:25 -0500

Well, it helps me as a Rabbit this time - but maintaining a roster on
looneylabs.com tends to imply that there is a way for someone to add
their con to that roster - which is what I was trying to point out.  Con
organizers just aren't going to find it intuitive that they should go to
GameConventions.net to add their con, then hope that it makes its way
from there to Looney Labs.  I would've expected there to be a way to add
cons in the same way that we can add the stores that we go to.

We used to have an "add-your-own-con" interface point - but we just don't have the bandwidth for all the cons that have contacted us for con support.  Many many cons would submit their information, and most of those would not have any Rabbits attending.  I have been on a con committee - and I totally understand how (and why) people send out lots of requests to all the game companies they can find on the web and ask for freebies - it's part of running a con.  However, I much prefer working through Rabbits - you are all wonderful people that know our games and love to share them with others.

Also remember that we're a small company - 5 full time employees is it.  I just don't have the time in a standard work week to weed through requests from all the conventions.  So, I do what I can - and ask you Rabbits to help.  One thing I can do is say "hey, these are cons that I know about... is anyone going?"  And if so, I'll gladly deal with helping the Rabbits who are going to have the best con possible.  However, I don't have the time, and Looney Labs doesn't have the resources right now to deal with cons where there are not going to be Rabbits doing demos.

If you have other questions - feel free to ping me offlist.

Carol
--
iChat/AIM, MSN and Yahoo: MadLabRabbits
direct line: 630.448.4946