RE: [Rabbits] Badge Poll for Rabbits Wiki

  • DateWed, 17 Oct 2007 11:28:36 -0700
> From: kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
> I'd have to see the actual icons before voting.

Unless you're volunteering, that's probably not going to happen. The
whole point of the poll(s) is to resolve size *before* we invest a ton
of effort making icons.

If you observe Windows icon in the System Tray or on a Taskbar toolbar,
you will see that 16px icons can be very attractive and recognizable...
and if you look at BGG, you can see that they can be not-so-good (IMHO,
with apologies to the artists).

Therefore, the size issue is "quality agnostic," because size doesn't
really matter for quality icons--though, yes, the larger the icon, the
easier it is to get high quality using amateur methods, skills, and
tools. And, ultimately, if an ugly icon or two gets onto the site, a
better artist can just replace it with a revision upload--if it's
actually prettier, no one will roll back the replacement.

> From: Kristin Looney <rabbit-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> This is great stuff, David - Thanks!   (I just voted)

Thanks, Kristin. You vote will break any tie that might occur, as you
are the Mama Rabbit (and we know better than to cross our mama!).