Re: [Rabbits] Fluxx Concepts/Expansion

  • Frommiyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 28 Jan 2008 15:29:15 -0500
And I agree to some extent.  I do also think that more games addressing an educational audience are a good thing.

As a teacher integrating games into the classroom is tricky business.  Most games marketed to teachers are made educational first with no thought to actual fun mechanics.  They end up being lame and the kids recognize that it isn't really a game, it is glamorized review.  Something like the chemistry idea skinned onto Fluxx would take a good game mechanic and make it appropriate for the classroom.  That is the sort of thing it is tough to find as an educator.

                           -Ryan

It is still selling, but I think even the Munchkin fanatics are starting to roll their eyes and realize that the market is fast becoming glutted.

-Trevor

--
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.