Re: [Rabbits] Fluxx Concepts/Expansion

  • From"Chris Ballowe" <cballowe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 4 Feb 2008 00:16:12 -0800
To me, each set of Munchkin has its own puns and comical art plus a new typle of card or special rules that encourages repeat purchases.. The sets work together as well.

Fluxx sets do not combine well. Each set of goals has its own keepers with only a few exceptions making it harder to complete the game.

I like the idea of tailering a set to a market such as the current pirate craze or chemistry as a teaching tool but I think the potenial for multiple version purchases is a bit more limited. I will purchase evey set as it comes out and I really like the latest card type, Creepers. What about Jeepers? Fluxx is what got me to wear a lab coat.

Chris Ballowe
cballowe[at]comcast.net
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Hickman" <tophu@xxxxxxx>
To: "Rabbits Discussion List" <rabbits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Rabbits] Fluxx Concepts/Expansion

On Monday, January 28, 2008, at 03:20PM, "Melissa Parish" <beautifulfool@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For some reason, this is reminding me of Munchkin.  It's great as a basic
game, but they've gone extra far in their expansions/different versions.

* regular Munchkin
* Star Munchkin (space)
* Munchkin Fu (ninja/samurai/etc)
* Munchkin Bites (vampires/horror)
* Super Munchkin (superheros)
* Munchkin Impossible (spy/James Bond/etc)
* Munchkin Cthulhu
* The Good, The Bad, and The Munchkin (western)
* Munchkin Booty (pirate)

It's still the same game, just with a different theme. After some point, it
just gets ridiculous.

Is "ridiculous" another word for awesome?