RE: [Rabbits] Fluxx Concepts/Expansion

  • DateMon, 28 Jan 2008 13:55:45 -0700
> From: "Sam Zitin" <sammyz@xxxxxxxxx>
> Additionally, I think that Fluxx is able to avoid "munchkin syndrome" by
> making (as stated before) variants that appeal to totally different subsets
> of people.  All versions of Munchkin really appeal to gamers on a
> fundamental level and you don't see it sold in many places besides
> gamestores.  However a full deck of Jewish educational Fluxx, or Bible
> Fluxx, or Chemistry Fluxx could be sold in an entirely different venue than
> a game store and quite successfully if I don't miss my guess.

Hear, hear! Precisely what I was thinking with the Space Fluxx idea: you
get more educators, it could be advertised in "educators magazines" or
"science magazines," and it might make sci-fi-gamer geeks grab their
first Fluxx (who might have previously utterly ignored it, being "off
their radar").

Reminds me that I've often though a back-pages ad in Scientific American
would be MONEY, for either EcoFluxx or Icehouse/Treehouse. They're
priced for small business and entrepreneurs, and their readership is the
type who will sit up and take notice when they see "MENSA MindGames
Award Winner" (2005: Zendo and, by extension, Icehouse Game System;
1999: Fluxx).