Re: [Rabbits] Fluxx Concepts/Expansion

  • From"Nimrod Jones" <nimrod@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 28 Jan 2008 20:28:20 -0000
Title: Message

Up to a point I agree. That point is, ironically, Munchkin Cthulhu which adds the Cultist victory condition which can (and has) dramatically shortened and changed the game.

I agree, however, that merely another flavour of the game can get stale. As much as I enjoy EcoFluxx, it is essentially just Fluxx by another colour. I've often said of Zombie Fluxx, however, that it feels like a brand new game built around the concept of Fluxx. There are so many unrecognisable cards and the Creeper rule really alters the way the game plays. I'd definitely like to see a move in that way to other Fluxx variants, in other words, use the concept of Fluxx as the building block ontop of which are added new mechanics, brand new rule cards, etc, rather than simply Fluxx with a wig and Groucho Marx disguise (or should that be Groucho Marxx, in this context).