Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

[Edu] MusicFluxx

  • From"Juanpablo Amado" <cardzmaster2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 29 Mar 2007 16:55:13 -0400
Hello all! I know I don't post on here often, but I need some help witha project I'm working on.

Earlier this week, I taught a lesson in one of my methods classes about rhythm and texture. I adapted Fluxx so that students could easily compose measures based on the goal card that was already out and the Keepers they had. The game played a bit slowely, but it went well overall. I'd like to know what you all think about the game and what I could do to improve it. Below are the links to three PDF with all the cards on them. They are large, just to forewarn you:

http://people.cedarville.edu/Student/tjadams/Card%20Sheet-%20Most%20N.Rules%20and%20Most%20Keepers.pdf

http://people.cedarville.edu/Student/tjadams/Card%20Sheet-%20Actions%20and%201%20Keeper.pdf

http://people.cedarville.edu/Student/tjadams/Card%20Sheet-%20Goals%20and%20Some%20N.Rules.pdf

The overall response I got was that everyone loved the game and would definitely use it in their classrooms. But they felt some of the rhythms were too difficult to perform on just a sightreading. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a Bunch!

~Johnpaul Adams.

Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon. http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglinemarch07