Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] MusicFluxx

  • From"Juanpablo Amado" <cardzmaster2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 30 Mar 2007 11:07:41 -0400

Anyway, I did have one final question Johnpaul - how did you do such a
wonderful job on the cards?  Did you photoshop or use something else?
Magi's been on to share how she's done this in her class... how did you
actually make the cards?

Photoshop is very much my friend. I'm very familiar with the softward and all I really had to do to get a useable canvas (read Fluxx Blanks) was scan a blank in and save it. From there, I gathered all manner of images from internet searches, pasted them in, adjusted everything to look as uniform as possible, and then printed them onto off. Ideally I would have laminated the card after printing to extend a deck's lifespan, but I finished the printing about half an hour before I was to teach the lesson, so I opted to do lamination later when I had more time.

I was hoping to find a font that was a little better than the one I used, but I think it looks pretty close to what is used on a regular Fluxx deck. I tried to make a very distinct but subtle varience from a regular Fluxx deck in that I didn't but the names of the cards on the side of the card in all caps. I figured this could help the students tell between cards in the different decks.