Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] MusicFluxx

  • From"Carol Townsend" <edu-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 29 Mar 2007 16:43:16 -0500
Wow... these look fantastic Johnpaul!

I did have a couple of questions - being a science teacher, I can tell you why carbon dioxide is heavier than air... but I'm only a pracitced amatuer when it comes to music.  My mom has perfect pitch, and since she's my relative, I have relative pitch.... (ok... enough with the bad jokes.)  True though - my mom studied music, has perfect pitch, and I grew up reading music at the same time I was reading kid's books.

So...back to my questions.  what is an Orff instrument?  I see it on a lot of your Goals, but I don't know what it is.  I'm just curious.

Also, you have 4 copies of "Improvise a 4/4 measure", 2 of 9/8, 2 of 6/8 and 2 of 3/4.  I know what each of those time signatures mean, but I don't really get why you need multiple copies of the goal. I would think you'd want multiple copies of the Keepers to be able to make full measures to improvise.

I like the way you've rethemed the basic cards to fit your needs, like Forced Improv or Old Improv Ideas.  I was thinking you could do a few more... maybe some ideas from students can add on to this (one obvious rethemed cards was "Second Gig" instead of Double Agenda... you're so successful as a musician that they want you back for a second gig!  You win with either Goal...)

But it looks like you've got a winner - this is great!

Carol