Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Volity Fluxx 3.1 online

  • FromAndrew Plotkin <erkyrath@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 14 May 2006 10:52:55 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 13 May 2006, ~*Kat*~ wrote:

I figured out the Bot thing [duh - it's called the Help button!], and the
game is awesome!  The one thing I would comment on is that the play is a
little to fast to follow.  I like having each move spelled out, but perhaps
there could be a few more seconds in between the bot's moves so that the
player can really see what's going on.

We've talked about this (at the shining glass-and-steel Volity office towers) but it's not obvious how to handle it. Any time you add delays to a game, they're the wrong length: some players will be lagging behind, missing information, and others will be bored waiting for updates.

(And of course this is doubly true when multiple players can be in a game with a single robot -- the players will have different preferences.)

The "right answer" is probably enhancing the client to show history more clearly. I'd like to have "rewind", "step forward", and "fast forward" buttons which let you jump through the game so far. (If that doesn't eat too much memory.) It'll be a while before we get to that, though. Lots to do..

--Z

*
If the Bush administration hasn't subjected you to searches without a
warrant, it's for one reason: they don't feel like it. Not because of
the Fourth Amendment.