Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Computer question

  • From"Ryan Hackel" <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 11 Sep 2007 13:36:56 -0400 (EDT)

Related question... how does the Computer interact with Inflation (X=X+1)?  Does the Computer give a double bonus if Inflation is in play, or does the bonus text on the Computer really count as part of the artwork and therefore not subject to Inflation?

---Ryan

 --- On Tue 09/11, Carol Townsend < carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
From: Carol Townsend [mailto: carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx]
To: fluxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:12:43 -0500
Subject: [Fluxx] Computer question

I had an idle thought while sorting through my deck the other day.  The promo card "The Computer" does not have the word "may" in the rules.  The text is as follows:"The Computer.  If you have this card on the the table, the rules for YOU change thusly:  Draw = +1, Play = +1, Hand Limit = +1, Keeper Limit = +1.  This also counts as an Appliance."
If this has been answered before, then pardon the repeat - but as I read this card, when the Computer is in play, the player it affects *must* draw and play one more than others.Is this how others are playing it?
Considering the new understanding of the Hand Limit rule (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuGynyj6D-c) it may make a difference.  I'm not sure when/how/what circumstances it may make a difference, but I thought I'd ask.  Granted, the Hand Limit rule includes the "may" but the Computer ups the number by one.
What if you don't want to have that extra Keeper in front of you?  Can you have only 2 Keepers in front of you with Keeper Limit 2 - or must you keep 3 Keepers?  And what if you don't want to play an extra card... must you?
What's the take from other vantage points?thanks!Carol-- iChat/AIM, MSN and Yahoo: MadLabRabbitsskype-in line 630.448.4946skype: carol_townsend
_______________________________________________Fluxx mailing listFluxx@lists.looneylabs.comhttp://lists.looneylabs.com/mailman/listinfo/fluxx

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com