Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Computer question

  • From"Christopher Hickman" <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 11 Sep 2007 14:00:55 -0400
Andy Looney wrote:

> Christopher Hickman wrote:
>
>> Doesn't X=X+1 say it applies to the numerals in
>> rules?  Isn't Computer a Keeper, not a New Rule?
>
> Inflation applies to all numerals on all cards, not
> just rules. So yes, during Inflation the Computer
> becomes a Super-computer.

Oh. I've never actually played with X=X+1 as I never got the promo and I
only have the 2nd Edition of Fluxx ("Oh, I'm terribly sorry."), but one of
my lunchtime game buddies at work enjoyed playing Fluxx at lunch so much, he
went out and bought it for himself to play at home (anecdotally, his wife
"hates card games" but quite enjoyed Fluxx). He was telling me today during
our game that it only applies to rules and not to cards like Jackpot, etc.
I'll let him know that it applies everywhere, then. Is it called Inflation
in version 3 then, or is that a colloquial nickname?