Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Attention Play First-ers: Beware of Draw 2 & Use 'Em!

  • From"James Hazelton" <jameshazelton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Oct 2007 11:23:48 -0500
Eeyore, you're right. It does affect then-players. But then-players have the freedom to say "We all know it doesn't mean what it says. Let's play the way it's supposed to be played." Play-firsters don't have that liberty.

Also, action cards do allow you to break the rules (new rules allow you to break the rules; some keepers allow you to break the rules), but only when they specifically say so. You can't assume that "Jackpot" allows you three free plays, and you can't assume that D2&UE allows two free draws. In both cases, it's not mentioned on the card. (And remember, we're not playing by common sense anymore.)