Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Attention Play First-ers: Beware of Draw 2 & Use 'Em!

  • From"Bob Galloway" <bob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Oct 2007 11:59:27 -0700
We're not playing by common sense anymore?  Speak for yourself.  I'm playing by a common-sense reading of the rules on the cards.  I lost the rule booklet long ago, and honestly don't give a damn what it says -- the rules are on the cards, after all.

I've always played as though the play and draw rules were quotas to be met by the end of the turn.  A common-sense reading of the rules on the cards supports this.

If some of the card text needs to be clarified, sure, that's what a new edition is for.  But ignoring the booklet (or the box text on an old edition) in favor of the cards does not require us to throw all common sense out the window.

~bob