Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Attention Play First-ers: Beware of Draw 2 & Use 'Em!

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Oct 2007 12:04:13 -0700 (PDT)
James H. wrote:
> And it is for that reason that we shouldn't be asking to change
> the fundamental rules of Fluxx just because they're not written
> with bullet-proof ink.

Fluxx doesn't have "fundamental rules".

It does have "basic rules", and those rules are: Draw 1. Play 1.

I've seen people teach Fluxx by saying, "These are the basic rules.
On your turn, draw one card, and play one card. All other rules are
written on the cards. OK? It's your turn."

It's not that the rules are "loose" or "vulnerable", but that they
are mutable *by design*. If somebody wants to play first then draw,
I don't see any reason for them to even have to justify it with a
house rule.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx